Custom Search

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Map Pack 3 - Call of Duty: WaW

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, been pretty busy with work. Now I'll be even more tied up with the release of Map Pack 3 for Call of Duty: World at War. Map Pack 3 features 3 brand new multiplayer maps, and a new Nazi Zombie map. Let's start with the multiplayer maps:



First, we have Battery. I've had the chance to play this map a few times, and overall I would say it is an ok map. The map is based on Fort Drum in the Phillipines. You start off on a ship/island, and there are lots of routes to go. I found myself wanting to stick with using the mp40 on this map due to enemies coming at you from all corners. Expect some crazy close quarter combat. You can also go out the side of the ship and get on these walkways. There are two towers on the outskirts of the map that are pretty good for sniping. Watchout, as there are more than one way to enter those towers. Don't get knifed when you got somone in your scope!



Second, there is Breach. A more spread out map, this one is definately going to give you some fun games. It is set in the streets of Berlin, and there are plenty of high and low routes around the map. I like this one because it seemed very well balanced. You usually spawn on one of the two sides, giving you enough time to get into position. This map will be a very good competitive map in my opinion. Capture the flag looks promising on here too.



Third, there is Revolution. Set in the streets of Russia, it has a pretty industrial theme to it. For the sniper in all of us, this map has plenty of great positions for picking off your opponents. At the same time, there are so many routes around the map, that flanks are always a possibility. What I really liked about this map was that there are alot of areas you can access by jumping. And who doesn't like jumping? Nobody. This one definately gets my favorite of the new maps.

And on to my favorite - Nazi Zombies - Der Riese - The Zombie Factory



Within the first few minutes of playing Der Riese, I was amazed. They really engineered this map to have you shouting at your friends "RUN LIKE FUCK" I was laughing my ass off playing, and it seems like they made the zombies smarter too! The map is based off a secret facility, with a large teleporter right near the start. There are 3 other teleport pads that need to be linked to the mainframe, and once they are linked, you are able to teleport between them back to the start of the map. This could really in handy for the "RUN LIKE FUCK" part I was talking about. Also, when you link all 3 teleporters, you get access to a brand new vending machine. The Pack A Punch, costs 5000, but gives you a random good weapon. I have only used it once, but I had the ray gun on me, I used the pack a punch, and it shot me out an upgraded raygun, Packer x2 or something like that. Seemed like a fully automatic ray gun, and I got an achievement for it. Also, they added a new knife on the wall (you'll have to find it) which deals alot more damage to zombies than the standard. I got a kick out of the new special Monkey grenades. You throw one out, it plays a little music and dances, and the zombies get attracted to it. Then they are in for a big surprise. This one definately makes the most out of all that nazi zombies has to offer. A quick tip, open the door on the right side first, seems to work out a little better. The power switch is down near the box, almost directly opposite of where you start at. I will probably be playing this constantly for the next week, so leave your comments. I'll try to post up a video, and get the 10 new achievements up here soon. Once again, if you ever want to play, add me on Xbox Live, ROUNDWHEEL.

1 comment:

  1. X-Box 360 is featured is more entertaining then any other console available in market. Therefor I have participated in a prize draw to win xbox 360 with Kinect so that i can have the best time playing my xbox.

    ReplyDelete